How to make beet gummies? Have you ever thought about turning beets into gummies? If not, you’re in for a delicious and nutritious surprise! Beetroot is a vibrant, earthy vegetable that is loaded with essential nutrients like vitamins A, C, and potassium. And, when transformed into gummies, it becomes a sweet and chewy treat that is both enjoyable and good for you.
In this post, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step process of making your own beet gummies at home. We’ll cover everything from selecting the best beets to preparing the mixture, and finally, creating the perfect gummy consistency. Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack or a unique addition to your candy collection, beet gummies are a must-try.
So, grab your apron and let’s get started!
Why should you make beet gummies?
There are several reasons why you should consider making beet gummies.
These chewy, colorful treats are not only delicious, but also packed with essential nutrients like fiber, vitamins A and C, and potassium. And the best part? You can easily make them at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Here are a few reasons why you should give beet gummies a try:
- Healthy snack option: Unlike traditional gummies that are often loaded with sugar and artificial flavors, beet gummies are a healthier alternative that can satisfy your sweet tooth without the added guilt. Beets are low in calories and high in fiber, making them a great addition to your diet. Plus, they contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Control over ingredients: Making your own beet gummies allows you to have control over the ingredients and avoid any unnecessary additives or preservatives that may be present in store-bought gummies. You can use natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup instead of refined sugar, and experiment with different flavors and textures to suit your taste preferences.
- Fun and creative activity: Making beet gummies can be a fun and creative activity that you can do with friends or family. It’s a great way to get in the kitchen and try something new while also enjoying the benefits of a healthy snack.
So, why not give beet gummies a try and discover a new snacking favorite? Check out this recipe to get started!
Before we start
Oh my goodness, have you ever tried making beet gummies before? It is seriously the most fun and delicious thing ever! I am a huge fan of authentic apparel, but making beet gummies has quickly become one of my favorite hobbies.
To make the perfect beet gummies, you’ll need some fresh beets, gelatin powder, natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup, and a few other ingredients depending on the recipe you choose. I’ve tried a few different methods, but my favorite is to juice the beets and mix the juice with the other ingredients to create the gummy mixture. It’s super easy and gives you a beautiful, vibrant color!
When it comes to materials, I highly recommend using silicone gummy molds. They make it so easy to create perfectly shaped gummies every time, and they’re super easy to clean too. Plus, they come in all kinds of fun shapes and sizes, so you can get really creative with your gummies.
Now, let’s talk about the taste. These beet gummies are seriously amazing. They have a sweet, earthy flavor that is so unique and addictive. I love that they’re not overly sweet like some other gummies can be, and the texture is perfectly chewy. Plus, they’re healthy too! It’s a win-win situation.
Overall, I highly recommend giving beet gummies a try. They’re so much fun to make, and they taste absolutely delicious. Plus, they’re a healthier alternative to traditional gummies, which is always a bonus. So what are you waiting for? Go get some beets and start gummy-making!
Beets: Beets are the star ingredient in beet gummies, and for good reason. They are packed with essential nutrients like fiber, vitamins A and C, and potassium. Plus, they contain antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that may help to reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Beets have a sweet, earthy flavor that gives the gummies their unique taste. When it comes to choosing beets, I recommend going for fresh ones that are firm and free of any blemishes.
Gelatin Powder: Gelatin powder is what gives the gummies their chewy texture. It is made from collagen, which is derived from animal bones, skin, and connective tissue. Gelatin is a great source of protein and can also help to support joint health and improve skin elasticity. However, for those who prefer a vegan or vegetarian option, there are also plant-based alternatives like agar agar that can be used instead.
Natural Sweetener: Instead of using refined sugar, it’s best to use a natural sweetener like honey or maple syrup to sweeten the gummies. These options are not only healthier, but they also add a delicious flavor to the gummies. Honey has antimicrobial properties and can also help to soothe a sore throat, while maple syrup is a good source of antioxidants and can help to reduce inflammation.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice is often used in beet gummy recipes to balance out the sweetness of the other ingredients and add a slight tangy flavor. It is also high in vitamin C, which is important for immune health and skin health.
When it comes to making comparisons, I would say that using natural sweeteners like honey or maple syrup is a better option than using refined sugar. Refined sugar is often linked to a range of health problems, including obesity, diabetes, and heart disease. On the other hand, honey and maple syrup contain beneficial nutrients and antioxidants that can support overall health.
In terms of gelatin powder, there are both animal-derived and plant-based options available. Animal-derived gelatin is a great source of protein and can support joint and skin health, but it is not suitable for those following a vegan or vegetarian diet. Plant-based alternatives like agar agar are a good option for those who prefer a vegan or vegetarian option, but they may not provide the same health benefits as animal-derived gelatin.
Overall, each ingredient used to make beet gummies has its own unique benefits and can be adapted to suit different dietary needs and preferences.
What to choose?
|Juicer||A juicer is used to extract the juice from the beets. You can also use a blender or food processor, but a juicer will give you the most juice and the least pulp. https://amzn.to/3A1QWCn|
|Saucepan||A medium-sized saucepan is used to heat the gummy mixture. You’ll want to choose a non-stick or stainless steel pan to avoid sticking. https://amzn.to/41b8W96|
|Whisk||A whisk is used to mix the ingredients together in the saucepan. Make sure to use a silicone or non-stick whisk to avoid scratching your pan. https://amzn.to/41fFIpD|
|Silicone Gummy Molds||Silicone gummy molds are used to shape the gummies into fun and interesting shapes. They come in a variety of sizes and shapes, and are easy to clean. https://amzn.to/3UDRaJi|
|Measuring Cups and Spoons||Measuring cups and spoons are used to measure out the ingredients. It’s important to measure accurately to ensure the gummies turn out properly. https://amzn.to/3mM5CSR|
|Cutting Board and Knife||A cutting board and knife are used to prepare the beets by cutting off the tops and bottoms and slicing them into smaller pieces that will fit in your juicer. https://amzn.to/3mGdJAu|
|Mixing Bowl||A mixing bowl is used to mix together the gummy mixture before pouring it into the molds. Choose a bowl that is large enough to hold all of the ingredients without spilling over. https://amzn.to/3MTNmlr|
|Stovetop or Hot Plate||A stovetop or hot plate is used to heat the saucepan and cook the gummy mixture. Make sure to use low to medium heat to avoid burning the mixture. https://amzn.to/3odEnkx|
Having all of this equipment on hand will make the process of making beet gummies much easier and more enjoyable.
How to make beet gummies Step-By-Step Guide
- 1 cup beet juice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- Medium-sized saucepan
- Silicone gummy molds
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Cutting board and knife
- Mixing bowl
- Stovetop or hot plate
- Begin by preparing the beets. Cut off the tops and bottoms of the beets and slice them into smaller pieces that will fit into your juicer. Juice the beets and measure out 1 cup of juice.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, whisk together the beet juice, apple juice, and honey over low to medium heat until the honey is dissolved.
- Gradually whisk in the unflavored gelatin, one tablespoon at a time, making sure that it is fully incorporated before adding more.
- Continue whisking the mixture until the gelatin is completely dissolved and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and let it cool for a few minutes. While it’s cooling, prepare your silicone gummy molds.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and use a spoon to remove any foam that has formed on top.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the silicone gummy molds, filling them about three-quarters of the way full.
- Place the molds in the refrigerator and let them chill for at least 30 minutes, or until they are firm.
- Once the gummies are firm, remove them from the molds and serve.
And that’s it! With these easy-to-follow instructions, you’ll be able to make delicious and healthy beet gummies in no time. Enjoy!
Q: Can I use canned beet juice instead of fresh beet juice?
A: While it's possible to use canned beet juice, we recommend using fresh juice for the best flavor and nutritional value.
Q: Can I substitute the apple juice for another type of juice?
A: Yes, you can use any type of juice you like. Just make sure to adjust the amount of honey accordingly, as some juices may be sweeter than others.
Q: Can I use agar agar instead of gelatin to make vegan beet gummies?
A: Yes, you can use agar agar instead of gelatin to make vegan beet gummies. Simply substitute the same amount of agar agar for the gelatin.
Q: How long will the beet gummies keep?
A: The beet gummies will keep for up to two weeks if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Q: Can I freeze the beet gummies?
A: Yes, you can freeze the beet gummies for up to three months. Just make sure to store them in an airtight container.
Q: How many gummies does this recipe make?
A: The number of gummies this recipe makes will depend on the size of your silicone molds. On average, it should make about 30-40 gummies.